Saturday, September 20, 2014

Winnemucca Sky

It's usually breathtaking!
Most mornings I wake up to the most amazing sunrise...


Sometimes the skies are pink and purple, changing ever so quickly right before my eyes!


I love to open the windows and smell the clean cold desert air first thing in the morning.
The sunshine here has been a gift every single day...
But not this week. 
Just days later...
The skies are dark and strange.
The air is thick and heavy...like sitting next to a campfire.


Not at all what I would expect since we are a good 2-3 hours away from the fires.


The quality of the air is so poor that there are advisories to stay indoors til the smoke clears. 
The good news is we have rain in the forecast. 
Hopefully it will arrive soon and leave us with clean air and sunshine so I can enjoy these last few weeks here in Nevada gazing at my beautiful Winnemucca sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment