Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Slowing Down in the Desert

And I mean way down...
Life as we know it just came to a screeching halt... again!
Desert living is a lot like Texas living...
Just in super slow motion. 
Our first major adjustment...
The speed limit.
In town it's 25 mph.
That's it, no faster.
No one and I mean no one is in a hurry.
No traffic, no lines, no noise.
Even at Walmart, lol
Just miles and miles of peace and quiet. 
It still seems strange to me that life here is this slow 
and the people here are so friendly, helpful and chatty.
It's a time warp I guess?
Last year it was difficult for me to acclamate to such a slow way of life, but once I did...
 I was able to truly appreciate living here in the high desert.
and I eventually grew to love it 
and my peaceful view of Winnemucca mountain from my bedroom window...


I even missed it while we were back in Texas, lol! 
Seriously this has to be the biggest perk of living out here. 
The incredible slow pace of life surrounded by peace and quiet...
And the cold clear sunshine...
And our luxury furnished apartment...
And the starry night sky...
And my rockin bed...
And the vast wide open roads of freedom...
And hubby's amazing hospital gig...
so much room to breathe...
I appreciate it all so much more...
I could go on and on and on but that would require too much thinking. 
Right now we are resting, relaxing and recharging in our own personal retreat 
in the high desert of Nevada at...
The Hall Hacienda


No comments:

Post a Comment