Monday, June 16, 2014

Goodbye Dear Washington State Hello Nevada

I started this post right before I became very ill.  I wanted to get back to it but I have just now (2 weeks later) begun to feel well enough to think clearly. I loved our time in Washington. It was definitely our Northern Exposure and I will remember the last 6 months for the rest of my life. What a gift we have in travel, having exceeded all our expectations and so much more than we ever imagined. 
So somehow I landed in the ER on June 4th with high fever, high blood sugar and a whopper of a headache.  We soon found out how very ill I was... UTI, bladder and kidney infection that spread to my bloodstream. I even have kidney stones...who knew? I am so thankful for the ER staff and the PCU staff at Tacoma General Hospital. They were so good to me. Since we travel we are forced to participate in "medical tourism", partaking in whatever medical care is available. I can honestly say that while I do prefer receiving medical care in Houston, Tacoma was a good experience. 
I was released just 36 hours before we were to drive to Winnemucca, NV for Steve's next assignment. So, I didn't get to say all my goodbyes to Washington. I really wanted to see *my* Mt. Rainier one more time, but it wasn't to be... We left about 3am in the dark on Monday June 9th. We had a pleasant uneventful drive all through southern Washington and down through Oregon. Arriving in Nevada about 2:15pm. Our wonderful brand spanking new apt was all ready for us and we moved right in...aaah the beds are fabulous, cable tv and wifi!!!

High Ground Village Apartments
http://highgroundvillageapartments.com/index.html

5750 US HWY 95 N
Unit D6
Winnemucca, NV
89445


the lovely view from our front door!


our apt D6


It's big, about 1400 sq ft


large dining area and bar into kitchen


brand new table and chairs


perfect spot for our printer and laptop


looking into the kitchen through the dining room


beautiful kitchen...I would have chosen black or stainless appliances, 
but these are very high quality frigidaire! Love them!


big screen tv with direct tv...I'm dreaming of the beach!


new microwave still in the box...beautiful granite counters! 


The hallway divides the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a laundry room at the end. This apt is set up for room mates, sometimes 2 nurses will share an apt when they work opposite shifts. 


one of the 2 bathrooms


larger of the 2 bathrooms 


our master bedroom, no picture of Spencer's room, but it is much the same


bedroom view


Our apt backs up to the mountains too! 
This is a new complex built just for corporate temporary housing. There's no permanent residents. All our neighbors are travel nurses and contract workers from all over the USA.
It's so quiet here. I'm hoping this will prove to be a great place to rest up for more fun adventures! 
Looks like a visit to Reno will be next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment