Monday, August 26, 2013

One Week Out

Just one more week til our adventure begins! We are leaving DP on Sunday, Sept 1. We will drive to my parents home and use that as our home base for a while. Then Sept 8 we are vacationing in CA for a week at the Disneyland Resort. We have not had a vacation in 4 years and Steve decided we would do this one up right! We have my mom available to care for our cats and we have already purchased the vacation package! now just hurry up and wait. I still have some work to do here before we leave, but most of the worst is behind me. The 3 garage sales nearly killed me! I did hurt my shoulder but I'm praying that rest will heal it soon. So freeing to see all the stuff leaving my house and going to good use. We have been able to bless some people along the way and I am glad for that.

Steve is still negotiating his travel nurse contracts and we know God is working on the best job for him. We are patient and we trust God's provision always. We are debt free and this gives us lots of wiggle room!  We are really getting close now as we had to say goodbye to a dear friend today...


Yes, Steve even sold his beloved Mustang!
 It's amazing how light and free we feel since ridding our life of all the clutter and debt, but the mustang, well, I know that was hard for him. 
We pray that we never use credit ever again, even for a mortgage. We only had a mortgage and a car loan, but that was enough to make us feel like a slave to the lender.

So today we focus on the job before us...cleaning, purging, packing, and preparing our mind for the journey! 


Everything we carry with us is in our jeep! 
That's what I call traveling light!

No comments:

Post a Comment