Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Thunder Mountain Monument

So, I know it's been a while since I posted.
We are still "traveling" at the moment here
in lovely Northern Nevada!
I've got a major backup of pictures and sightseeing to share and I hope to get it all posted before we leave and head into our new adventure!
Yes! There is a new adventure on the horizon.
But for now we have been taking in the local sights,
homeschooling with a fabulous group (more about that soon)
and enjoying every last minute of mountains and snow that we can stand!
So, catching up on my backlog for now...
Back in September...
We took a little drive up the road and stopped at
THUNDER MOUNTAIN MONUMENT 
in Imlay, Nevada


I am speechless.


Wow!


yes, it's for real!


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Mountain_Monument


Someone had a lot of time on their hands...


Read it for yourself.


It was a lot to take in at once...


But we walked around it and took a lot of pictures!


Everything was repurposed from trash.


This is some serious recycling...


Major Art...


But appears to be very poor engineering...


It's great for an afternoon of photography!


Lots of funky statues...


This whole building is concrete and bottles...


Wow...


Art everywhere...


Just gets more interesting...


Everything is handmade...


Years in the making...


I cannot even imagine the time spent on this monument...




One of the strangest places I have ever seen, lol.


Seriously, so weird...


http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/7813


I tried really hard to keep an open mind.


But alas I failed.


I'll wait for you at the truck, lol.


Spencer is smiling because it's time to leave, lol.


You just have to see this place for yourself.


So if you are ever out sightseeing in Northern Nevada...
Be sure to stop by Thunder Mountain Monument in
Imlay, Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment